Welcome to Loom & Shuttle Guild. We are a guild of approximately 60 weavers that was founded in 1948. Centered in San Francisco, our members come from around the San Francisco Bay Area. We weave on many different types of looms: from rigid heddle, back strap, and table looms, through multi-shaft, multi-harness, and jacquard. Some weave without any loom at all! All of us are interested in the interlacements of warp and weft. A wide range of weaving interests, skills and experiences are shared at meetings as well as outstanding programs with focused topics, and other inspirational events.
WE WELCOME NEW WEAVERS
To inquire about membership or other matters, please contact Wendy Bertrand, 2019loomandshuttlePRESIDENT@gmail.com
Our next General Meeting will be Saturday, February 1, 2019 at 10 am.
Program by request: RICKI DWYER ARTIST TALK, Once a Loom & Shuttle member
2019 List of Exhibits from Mutualart.com
- What Is Left Behind ,Eleanor Harwood Gallery ,San Francisco, California, USA
- Ricki Dwyer, Eli Thorne, and Maryam Yousif: The Lands Beyond ,Anglim Gilbert Gallery ,San Francisco, California, USA
- The 49th Annual University Of California, Berkeley Master Of Fine Arts Graduate Exhibition ,Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive, University of California, Berkeley ,Berkeley, California, USA
- Out of Line ,Embark Gallery ,San Francisco, California, USA
- Laughter and Tears ,Embark Gallery ,San Francisco, California, USA
This year’s highlight will be 2020: Woven Visions, a Loom and Shuttle Guild members’ exhibit at the Sanchez Art Center in Pacifica, CA from July 10 to August 9, 2020 during four weekends Friday-Sunday free to the public. Some demonstrations and a small kiosk of items will round out the larger pieces exhibited. Many for sale.
Photo by Deborah Corsini
Our previous show was in 2017:Woven Together Exhibit shown above.
The April 2020 meeting has been moved to May 2, 2020 to accommodate CNCH 2020, Finding the Artist Within, to be held April 3,4,5, 2020, at the Burlingame Hyatt Regency Hotel.
Loom & Shuttle General Meetings are at 10:00 am on the first Saturday of the even numbered months: February, June, August, October, and December
Location of General Meetings is in the bottom floor of St John’s United Church at 501 Laguna Honda Blvd, SF. Entrance to the meeting room is on the Laguna Honda side of the church.